Veterans In Need Mission Statement
The “Veterans in Need” financial assistance program was created to locate, identify and provide funds to Veterans who have served in any branch of the United States Military: Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Merchant Marines and their respective reserve units.
The use of funds is intended for relief of stress caused by missed or late payments due to extenuating circumstances beyond the control of the Veteran.
Qualification for Assistance
The Veteran must have served for a minimum period of 180 days active duty, and if inactive received an Honorable Discharge. The Veteran must have received an injury such as TBI, “traumatic brain injury, PTSD, post traumatic stress syndrome”, Spinal Cord Injury, Amputation, or any disease or injury directly caused by being associated with the United States Military.
The Veteran must apply for assistance and be processed prior to receiving
funds. The process will consist of but not be limited to :
- Application by Veteran
- Screening by appointed committee
- Reviewed by LDEC Board of Directors
- Determination by LDEC Board of Directors to whom payment is made
- Awarding of funds as prescribed by Board of Directors
Use of Funding
- The use of funds is intended for relief of stress caused by missed or late mortgage payments, missed or late rent payments due to extenuating circumstances beyond the control of the Veteran.
- The use of funds is intended for emergency provisions; clothing, housing, food, outside medical bills, utilities, vehicle repairs beyond the control of the Veteran.
- The Veteran may not be eligible if receiving assistance from other organizations, each application will be reviewed to determine eligibility.
- There will be a limit of $1000, awarded per application upon approval.
Awarding of Funds
- The payments will be made directly to the Vendor/Vendors.
- The payments will be made within 30 days of application.
- The payments will be paid out of “Veteran In Need” account.
Forms for Download
Please help with the Veterans In Need initiative. Donate today.